This could eb useful for an aspiring writer like me.
- Have a website or “landing page” for his/her book
- Use social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Develop a “platform”
- Build connections with a community of readers
- Develop an email list/newsletter
- Have an amazing book, a professional cover, and a catchy blurb
- Make smart use of sales tactics like price points and free Kindle days
- Never, never, never, never give up
I’ve been wondering, though, if one more thing shouldn’t be added to the list: To succeed, a writer needs to be really lucky.
I can hear the howls now: Luck has nothing to do with it! It’s all about talent and perseverance and building a community of readers…
True. It’s hard to imagine success without those things, but I still think…
View original post 1,024 more words